Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cold day in Cochabamba..

Well I think it´s about time I updated my blog! This week has flown by so fast! We have 2 more days left in Cochabamba and I must say, my spanish is hitting a rut right now! This past weekend Lynn and Laurie and their three kids drove up to Cochabamba to be with us. We went to many interesting places where we were informed on some on Bolivia´s history and different organizations that run through Cochabamba. I will update on those a bit later when I have more time. I have learned a lot this past week regarding the election that is coming up, I believe on December 6th. It´s very interesting to hear the different view points on the fact that Evo might get elected again. Again, I will elaborate when I have more time.

So this past week has been just a lot of spanish and more spanish learing! I´ve definetly had some pretty embaressing moments where I say the absolute opposite of what I am actually trying to say. There have been some pretty hilarious stories that have also happened during the week. This past week we were trying to catch a micro (bus) from the city to our home stays. I suddenly saw an X10 bus and they didn´t see us flagging them down, so before I knew it was chasing after the micro for about a block... I jumped in and everyone looked at me like I was nuts for chasing after the micro. Long story short, we did finally make it back home.

Our bus on Friday leaves at 9:00 pm which means that we will get to Santa Cruz at about 7:00 am. I usually don´t sleep on these trips for some odd reason but hopefully this trip will be different. Cochabamba is a great city- one that has much history and beauty. I will be sad to leave but hopefully will come again sometime when I get the chance! I hope all of you are well! Again, your thoughts and prayers are appreciated!

Much love!
Chau Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment