Tuesday, March 2, 2010

searching for a cow..

Hola from Santa Cruz,
I have a few minutes to update on my past few weeks. Things are going well. Its a soaring 35 degrees today, the sun it out but thankfully there is a wind. I am actually in my lunch break right now. This morning went by smoothly with having 6 kids ages 5 and 6 finishing their homework. It gets a bit hectic some days! I am thankful when it goes by with no one punching each other in the face. Although that usually happens with the afternoon group. Pray for me!

This last week flew by! On the weekend me and Cesia went and bought the movie Julie and Julia and watched in on my laptop in our room! Saturday morning I did a bunch of errands and then in the afternoon the church needed cleaning so we walked over and the guys started cutting the grass with their michetties (spelling?) and me and Cesia trimmed the bushes and trees with scissors. haha it was pretty hilarious. Other than that my weekend was filled with going to Church 3 times and then Sunday afternoon me and Walter and Mary got in the car and drove around looking for a cow for us to get some milk. I had no idea where we were going to find this cow, but they seemed to know where it would be. Turns out, we never did find the cow. After asking around to 6 different people who all gave us different directions of where this cow would be, we gave up and went home! So.. no fresh milk for us!

There is a wedding this Thursday at our church that we are all going to. Mary is making dresses for all the girls who are apart of the wedding. I might see if she can make one more me too.

I cant believe that its already March! Wow! Time has flown by. My parents are planning on coming to visit at the end of May. I am getting very excited. Mary as already asked me what food we should serve and saying that we are going to have a grande fiesta! I am very excited to have visiters come to see where Ive been living and where I work etc.

Yesterday (Monday), I went about choosing courses for University of Waterloo when I return in Fall 2010. I did this by waking up at 4 30 am... having Walter scare me at the door with his flashlight and completing it on my laptop. What a whirlwind of emotions!! Already thinking about going back to school etc. Although it gets me a bit excited! I now have 5 more months to go. Although its not like Im counting down the days yet! Me and my cousin were reminising about meeting me at the airport in July etc... although that is getting a bit ahead of ourselves! But exciting!

Well I should be off! Just wanted to give a quick update!
Much love,
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment