Friday, August 21, 2009

Bonita Cochobamba!!

Hola!
I´m writting from a city called Cochobamba, about a 10 hour bus ride from Santa Cruz! Me and the 5 other SALTers hoped onto a bus about 3 days ago and drove through the night to get here. We are staying here for about 2 more weeks for spanish lessons. We have had three of those so far.. and it´s going well. The first day was pretty overwhelming because we just arrived and then was dropped off at our host families not knowing much spanish at all. I am with a host family who lives about a 2 minute walk away from the spanish language school. My host family is wonderful. They are so kind, patient and funny! I have had some good laughs with them! I have also made a fool out of myself when trying to explain what I am doing! They have a talking parrot (larro) who speaks spanish. So with my broken spanish I have some conversations with him! Cochobamba is beautiful! We are surrounded by mountains and is very hot! Last night me and the other girls went to a famous cafe downtown and had some freeshly squeezed orange juice! Probably the best thing ever! This weeekend we are planning on travelling to the famous ruins, which are about 2 hours away. I am looking forward to exploring more of Cochobamba. So we´re here for the next 2 weeks for spanish lessons. I can already see myself improving in the language. I had a lesson this morning and made a fool out of myself because I said that ¨I love to eat children´instead of saying that I love to eat food! My profesora got a good laugh out of that one! Anyways, things are going well! I would ask that you continue to keep me in your prayers and hope that everything back at home finds you well! I will update more as time goes on! As for now, Chao Chao!

1 comment:

  1. Adrienne that is so awesome. I know what you mean with making a fool of yourself with the new language. But people are so understanding and totally get what you mean anyways.

    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete