Tuesday, November 17, 2009

christmas tree shopping

Time for an update! Things have been a bit challenging these past few days with the loss of my Grandma. Today is the funeral and I have yet to talk to my parents about how it went. There is so much to catch up on. For the past few days it´s been quite slow around here. I took the day off work today which was definetly needed on my part. My head is not in the right place right now to focus on kids doing their homework.

This past weekend was quite hilarious. For some reason my family loves going to this river right by our house. Honestly, I find it quite amusing how excited they get about it! So Saturday morning we headed over to the river. Of course we took our beater of a car and I am still confused why my host dad drove right down beside the river because when we tried to back up we got stuck in the mud. This is honestly the third time this has happened. Cesia told me that she thinks her dad likes getting into these situations because its happened so many times before. So anways we all had to get out of the car. Then of course people start crowding around and we all try and push the car out.. but we can´t. Then a buldozer (sp?) drove past and my host dad started flagging it down but it wouldn´t stop. That would have been pretty funny if we got it to pull us out. Long story short, we finally got out by about 10 guys trying to push our car. So afterwards we started driving away but then turned into this windy road in this huge forest. My host parents were looking for something and I had no idea at the time what it was. So I asked and apparently we were looking for a Christmas tree. I was thinking, ¨honestly people it´s only november¨. And this is definetly the typical christmas tree you would get in North America. We ended up finding this little stick of a tree. So we chopped it down with a machette knife. My time is running out on the computer so I have to cut it down. So we get home and my mom cuts off all of the leaves and then starts glueing cotton balls to the tree to make it look like snow!! I was impressed at the creativity! So now (November 17th) we have ourselves a christmas tree!

I do have to get going. But I will update again when things starting getting back to normal! Hope you are all well!
Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment