Sunday, November 15, 2009

Grandma Roth

Hi all, 
It's been a sad two days here in Santa Cruz. I found yesterday afternoon that my Grandma Roth just passed away (November 14, 2009) at about 12:30 pm. This news came as a shock, but knowing that she is now happy being with my Grandpa I am reminded that I also need to celebrate her life. She was 86 years old. This has been quite a difficult time for me. The funeral is on Tuesday, and my parents are driving out today (from Winnipeg) to be with family. It's at these moments when I really wish I could be with family but I know this is where I need to be right now. Both my siblings (heather- in china; clare- in africa) will be missing the funeral as well. It's difficult mourning for someone when you are so far away. She was an amazing Grandma with many words of wisdom. I will miss her dearly. I ask for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I will update my blog soon. 
Much love, 
Adrienne 

2 comments:

  1. Adrienne, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. That is such a hard thing, especially when you are far from home. My prayers are with you and your family. I just spent some time catching up on your blog... sounds like you're encountering plenty of challenges. But doing so with faith and an open heart. Keep up the good living!

    Love, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so lucky to have been blessed with wise grandparents. I am thinking about you during this time of loss, Adrienne.
    Good for you for celebrating! I'm sure that's what she wants for you right now.
    Wishing you comfort,
    HUGS,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete